Wednesday, 16 July 2014

America here I come! - A Chatty Post

This time next week I'll be on my way to New York city for the first time on my first trip to America. This is a place that has probably been in my top 3 places I've was to visit since I was about six or seven. And now I'm twenty. Let's just say that it's been a long time coming and I'm so very excited it's finally happening.


One big thing I've been thinking about this trip lately is how incredibly lucky I am to be able to do something like this. Yes, there are some people who have the resources and time to travel and stay wherever they desire and I have envied those people. I always want to travel but I don't have much money usually. Then there's always been the factors of school or university or work to add on to the financial issues. Those are hard things to work around at times. 

But to finally be able to go to a place I've dreamed of with the money I've earned makes the trip seem more satisfying to me. I've been working every weekend (and sometimes more) for over a year for this. It's probably one of the biggest things I've saved for. And I'm really grateful that I can do this (and grateful for the help my parents are giving me towards this trip too). I hate that in the past I never appreciated summer holidays that much. They were an annual thing that I enjoyed and that was that. But now without them for a fair few years now I can say that travelling and seeing the world is a huge privilege. Some people may have never left their home countries before. The fact that I have the means to makes me incredibly lucky.

I know I want to travel a lot more. I'd love to travel once I graduate university. But whether it's an option for me, I have no idea at the moment. Maybe I'll be able to find a way. Hopefully I will. I want to be able to say I've visited lots of interesting places and seen lots of things. But then I also want a career in the film and tv industry, which is a tough one to crack. So who knows? This time in the next year and the years after I could be anywhere.

So I'm going to make the most of now.

On to NYC, Baltimore, Washington, the Blue Ridge Mountains, Nashville, Cleveland, Toronto, Niagara Falls and Boston! So many exciting plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment